Timothy Wilde is a visionary executive IT leader with ~20 years experience across diverse industries and market sectors. He has an extraordinary cross-functional management background and documented record of successfully implementing multi-million dollar (>$400M) technology programs (TriZetto Facets, SAP & Legacy Systems Modernization), while increasing; sales, operating income, market penetration and customer service levels.
He is able to serve as a catalyst for positive change and provide leadership based on an inverted-pyramid philosophy, infusing organizations with customer-centric policies and service as the top priority. Timothy has a hands-on management style, a sense of urgency, and results-driven personality.
Timothy Wilde currently serves as the CIO and Sr. Vice President of Luxottica and its EyeMed Vision Care division. He is a key member of the executive team directly responsible for all aspects of IT P&L, strategy, development, implementation and the global IT operations that drive business growth, productivity and competitive advantage.
Timothy has designed and developed several eCommerce Application Suites and eBusiness Process Solutions that currently serve as the foundation for B2B2C commerce across Luxottica and other fortune 500 clients including; Oki Data, DisneyStore.com, J&R Music, American Eagle Outfitters and Burlington Coat Factory, to name a few.
Timothy's prior experience includes:
• Vice President – Information Technology, Coventry Health Care, Inc.
• Chief Information Officer and Americas Group President, Pinnacle Software, LLC (Health Care and Life Sciences divisions)
• Additional Experience (Financial Services, eCommerce, Manufacturing & Defense sectors) as Chief Operating Officer | Managing Director | Director - Project Management Office | QA Manager
Timothy is an FAA Certified Multi-Engine, Instrument Rated Pilot
• Deep understanding of the Healthcare, Financial Services, eCommerce and Defense sectors.
• Strategic & Operational planning
• Business Process Eng. & Improvement
• Cross Functional Change Management & Conflict Resolution
• Cross-Organization Collaboration and Communication
• Simple and creative solutions
• Corporate Vision and Strategic Planning
• Strategic and Tactical Problem Solving
• Budgeting and Financial Acumen
• P&L and Fiduciary Responsibilities
• PMI, Project Management Professional (PMP)
• MBA (Magna Cum Laude) - 1996
• Able to rapidly comprehend and apply emerging technologies into effective technical solutions that proactively satisfy business needs
• Deep understanding of the technical discipline of Enterprise Architecture (Business Process, Applications, Data and Technology Architectures) & Software Development
• Well versed in various languages (Java, C#, C++, COBOL, M/COS, etc.) and architectures (J2EE, .NET, SOA, EDA, Grid)
• Network security and storage design, data center operations and data warehousing
• Vendor strategy & contract negotiations virtuoso
• Expert in Transactional / Informatics Systems
• TOGAF 9, Level 2, Certified Enterprise Architect
• BS in Computer Science –1991
N411TW nicknamed "Patience", is a single engine, two place tandem, low wing, tricycle gear airplane with a maximum gross weight of 1800 lbs. She was designed by Richard "Van" VanGrunsven and built by Robert J. Moreau in 2010. N411TW is powered by a Superior XP-IO360-A1AD2 fuel injected four cylinder direct-drive reciprocating engine.
Patience has the feel of a modern fighter aircraft and absolute top of the line IFR avionics including synthetic vision and highway in the sky technology. More information on Patience can be found on the Google+ N411TW website.
Personal Thoughts on Leadership
Competitive Greatness There is nothing tiresome or trite in the old adage, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." At the exact moment the going gets tough, the thrill of competition gets going for a leader who has acquired Competitive Greatness. I believe this is one of the crucial concepts that you can convey to those under your supervision when you're in a position of leadership.
"Perform at your best when your best is required. Your best is required each day."
Confidence There is perhaps no stronger steel than well-founded self-belief: the knowledge that your preparation is complete, that you have done all of the things possible to ready yourself and your organization for the competition, whatever form it comes in. "Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail."
Skill Mastery of skills requires learning and it is my opinion that great leaders are life long learners. They also take measures to create an organization that fosters and inspires learning throughout. "What a leader learns after you've learned it all that counts most of all."
Team Spirit Team Spirit means you are willing to sacrifice personal considerations for the welfare of all. That defines a team player. "The star of the team is the team. 'We' supercedes 'me'."
Initiative I truly believe that failure to act - lack of initiative - is often the greatest failure of all. "Make a decision! Failure to act is often the biggest failure of all."
Intentness Intentness is the ability to resist temptation and stay the course, to concentrate on your objective with determination and resolve. "Stay the course. When thwarted try again; harder; smarter. Persevere relentlessly."
Industriousness In plain language, I mean that you have to work - and work hard. There is no substitute for work. None. Worthwhile things come only from real work. "Success travels in the company of very hard work. There is no trick, no easy way."
Cooperation In order to reach the full potential of the group, there must be Cooperation at all levels - working together in all ways to accomplish the common goal. And to get Cooperation, you must give Cooperation. "Have utmost concern for what's right rather than who's right."
Enthusiasm Simply put, I mean you must love that which you do. Your heart must be in it. Without Enthusiasm you cannot work up to your fullest ability and potential; you're just going through the motions. And just going through the motions won't bring you to the level of competitive greatness we seek in business and in life. "Your energy and enjoyment, drive and dedication will stimulate and greatly inspire others."